[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Private use of non-RFC1918 IP space
- Subject: Private use of non-RFC1918 IP space
- From: nanog at daork.net (Nathan Ward)
- Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 15:01:50 +1300
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On 3/02/2009, at 12:17 PM, Johnny Eriksson wrote:
> Michael Hallgren <m.hallgren at free.fr>:
>>> Really really LARGE scalability testing that needs more addresses
>>> RFC1918 gives you.
>> Use IPv6.
> For an IPv4 scalability test? Interesting idea...
> Apart from the basic incompability here, my opinion of IPv6 is that it
> just gives you 2^96 more addresses to repeat all the old mistakes
2^96 = 79228162514264337593543950336
2^128-2^32 = 340282366920938463463374607427473244160