[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ih] NCP, TCP/IP question
- Subject: [ih] NCP, TCP/IP question
- From: lars at nocrew.org (Lars Brinkhoff)
- Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 19:02:42 +0000
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]> (Lars Brinkhoff via Internet-history's message of "Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:39:14 +0000")
- References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
> Ken Harrenstien also added TCP/IP to the ITS operating system in late
> 1982. The implemenation language was PDP-10 MIDAS assembler.
Which was also used for NCP. A twist on that story is that Bob Bressler
first wrote an NCP for ITS together with Bob Metcalfe for the Dynamic
Modeling PDP-6. However, rather than accepting that code into ITS the
AI lab people rewrote it more to their liking. So in a sense that was a
second NCP for ITS.