[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ih] evil umpire?
- Subject: [ih] evil umpire?
- From: ats at offog.org (Adam Sampson)
- Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2020 17:35:04 +0000
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]> (Miles Fidelman via Internet-history's message of "Sat, 29 Feb 2020 15:02:25 -0500")
- References: <[email protected]>
Miles Fidelman via Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org>
> Who was it who's USENET sig line referred to the "evil umpire," and
> what was the exact line?? (My Google Foo doesn't seem to be working
> today, or it happened too long ago to be indexed.)
I don't know if it's the one you're thinking of, but Glen Raphael
<c160-ax at zooey.Berkeley.EDU> used this sig in 1986:
| "Through the intervening years, this ex-American baseball player who
| defected to the Soviet Union rose through the ranks to his current
| position as the single, driving force behind all Soviet foreign policy
| decisions. It is he to whom Reagan refers as 'The Evil Umpire' "
(I found this in the utzoo archive, which is available on archive.org;
I keep a local copy indexed with notmuch for searching.)
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org> <http://offog.org/>