[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ih] sad news: Peter Kirstein
- Subject: [ih] sad news: Peter Kirstein
- From: brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com (Brian E Carpenter)
- Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 08:26:00 +1300
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]om>
- References: <[email protected]om>
This is really bad news. And don't forget his team's true pioneering in video-conferencing over the Internet too.
On 09-Jan-20 06:17, Vint Cerf via Internet-history wrote:
> I am sorry to relay the sad news that Peter Kirstein passed away this
> morning (London time). He was a key implementer and promoter of networking,
> participating in both the ARPANET and Internet developments as well as the
> UK Coloured Book and Open Systems Interconnection protocols.
> vint cerf