[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ih] Who owns old RFCs ?
- Subject: [ih] Who owns old RFCs ?
- From: casner at acm.org (Stephen Casner)
- Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 21:39:34 -0700 (PDT)
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Tue, 21 Apr 2020, John Levine via Internet-history wrote:
> The trust agreement sec 5.2 encourages other parties to contribute
> rights relevant to the IETF, which I assume means copyrights in older
> RFCs or I-D's or licenses to them. I have found no documentation that
> anyone ever did, but it's possible there's something lurking in an old
I remember an effort many years ago to have early RFC authors sign a
hardcopy declaration releasing copyright or some such. My faded
mental image of the place where I did this was Seattle or Vancouver.