[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ih] This has been asked before but - when & how did the us government define the Internet
- Subject: [ih] This has been asked before but - when & how did the us government define the Internet
- From: sob at sobco.com (Scott O. Bradner)
- Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 20:19:54 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]om>
- References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]om>
Thanks (I meant that even if I wrote ?NRC? :-) )
Do you happen to have a reference?
> On Apr 3, 2020, at 8:14 PM, vinton cerf <vgcerf at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe it was the Federal Networking Council that issued the definition
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 7:43 PM Scott O. Bradner via Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> wrote:
> I recall that some part of the us government defined the Internet as interconnected networks running tcp/ip - maybe the NRC?
> Anyway - it would help me in a paper I?m writing to be able to reference a document where that is stated
> Internet-history mailing list
> Internet-history at elists.isoc.org