[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ih] bounce notifications and archive status
- Subject: [ih] bounce notifications and archive status
- From: internet-history at elists.isoc.org (Joe Touch via Internet-history)
- Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 07:18:09 -0800
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
I think the problem MAY be identified.
We had been using the Mailman defaults, which forward messages FROM the original recipient.
This has two effects:
- it CAN cause people?s emails to bounce, unsubscribing them (thus the notes)
- it causes list traffic to show up as spam because it fails DMARC checks
I changed the setting and will reset all the bounce-disable accounts. Let?s see if that?s better.
Thanks, BTW, to Clem Cole for noting this and providing the info needed to debug.
Joe (as list admin)
> On Nov 6, 2019, at 8:15 AM, Joe Touch <touch at strayalpha.com> wrote:
> Hi, all,
> Some of you have reported getting bounce notifications today that claim your email is blocked. So far, I see no evidence of that in the list configs for those emails.
> You may also have received a monthly password notice; that feature was enabled for Nov 1 but has been disabled moving forward. I wanted everyone to at least get an initial message.
> Note that the archive appears to be ?stuck? and not updating correctly; I?ll try to get that fixed ASAP.
> Please let me know if there are any other issues; I?ll keep you posted on the items above.
> Joe (list admin)
Internet-history mailing list
Internet-history at elists.isoc.org