[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ih] The Postel Principle
- Subject: [ih] The Postel Principle
- From: internet-history at elists.isoc.org (Dave Taht via Internet-history)
- Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 10:24:55 -0800
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]> (John Levine via Internet-history's message of "10 Nov 2019 12:46:42 -0500")
- References: <[email protected]>
John Levine via Internet-history <internet-history at elists.isoc.org>
> In article <871rugec4y.fsf at taht.net> you write:
>>I finally disabled IPv6 on my email exchangers today. For no reason
>>I can figure, every use of it put me in spamhaus's SBL blacklist,
>>for most of the past year, if not longer.
> Turns out the problem is that his cloud provider, Linode, puts all of
> their VPS in a single /64 which is of course full of random spammers
> which get the /64 on the SBL. I think this provisioning strategy
> fails the "be conservative" test.
> One can ask for one's own /64 which I believe he has done.
I just did that.
Thank y'all very much for the help and the steer to:
I return you now to internet history. I would really like it
if email stayed useful in the future.
Internet-history mailing list
Internet-history at elists.isoc.org