[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ih] John Nagle- "On Packet Switches With Infinite Storage" (1985)
- Subject: [ih] John Nagle- "On Packet Switches With Infinite Storage" (1985)
- From: internet-history at elists.isoc.org (Brian E Carpenter via Internet-history)
- Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 12:44:07 +1300
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <CA[email protected]> <[email protected]>
On 12-Nov-19 11:03, Dave Taht via Internet-history wrote:
> the keyboard of geoff goodfellow via Internet-history
> <internet-history at elists.isoc.org> writes:
> Yep, we cite that a lot. Nobody listens.
Has a suitably skeptical economist studied why buffer bloat
makes money for operators? It must do, or they would avoid it.
Netflix, btw, is putting its rates up again where I live (NZ).
As it often says, buffering... or possibly bu$$ering...
Internet-history mailing list
Internet-history at elists.isoc.org