[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ih] Internet Path Analysis Tool?
- Subject: [ih] Internet Path Analysis Tool?
- From: shane at mcewan.id.au (Shane McEwan)
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 15:18:11 +1100
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On 16/1/19 11:19 am, Jack Haverty wrote:
> The goal was to develop a set of such metrics which would effectively
> measure the "quality" of a particular Internet path, track it over time,
> day-to-day, month, etc., and be able to set trigger points where that
> path would be considered "normal" or "degraded" or "unusable".
I used to work for a company that did this. Although not with captured
data (and not free :-P). They use techniques similar to traceroute to
discover the path and targeted HTTP requests for bandwidth and server
measurements. After some calculations it gives a "user experience score"
at the end that can be tacked over time.