[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ih] Internet milestone - The Refrigerator Strikes Back (Jack Haverty)
- Subject: [ih] Internet milestone - The Refrigerator Strikes Back (Jack Haverty)
- From: brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com (Brian E Carpenter)
- Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:55:16 +1300
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
I think the main danger today is wireless gateways where you
can log in with admin/admin.
I even encountered an ISP in the UK that set the password on
all its consumer gateways to "password". When they say
"Enter password" you do exactly that.
Of course it's irresponsible but if they do that, why would
they do better for a fridge?
Those who do not learn from history, etc.
On 19/01/2014 15:10, John Levine wrote:
>> Actually, this is seriously a real problem....how do I get anti-virus
>> software into my kitchen appliances?
> You don't. The question is what moron allowed kitchen appliances to
> be remotely reprogrammed?