[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ih] NCP to TCP/IP Transition
- Subject: [ih] NCP to TCP/IP Transition
- From: dhc2 at dcrocker.net (Dave CROCKER)
- Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 22:34:05 -0700
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
Matthias B?rwolff wrote:
> Also, I am wondering, have the application layer gateways (relays) that
> RFC 801 refers to been deployed, and if yes, to which extend, and how
Since the University of Delaware was doing CSNet/Arpanet email gatewaying, Vint
gave us a small contract to do Arpanet/Internet email gatewaying. I marginally
got it running by December 82, before leaving UDel.
After that, as I understand it, other CSNet folk like Craig Patridge and some
other MMDF devotees had to do quite a bit of work to make it fully functional
and sufficiently reliable.