[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ih] Fwd: nomenclature
- Subject: [ih] Fwd: nomenclature
- From: bernie at fantasyfarm.com (Bernie Cosell)
- Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:30:47 -0500
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On 23 Dec 2009 at 9:47, Dave CROCKER wrote:
> I remember that the term 'host' was one of the bits of mind-share that the
> Arpanet created.. But I don't recall hearing why that particular term was chosen.
> Do any of you remember why?
I can only say that it is going to be VERY early on: from the first I saw
of the project Severo's group was working on the "Host-Imp" interface and
we had "host" machinery in the software. I'd bet it already had that
terminology at the meeting in '68 that spawned the RFQ.
Bernie Cosell Fantasy Farm Fibers
mailto:bernie at fantasyfarm.com Pearisburg, VA
--> Too many people, too few sheep <--