[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Captive-portals] Use Case: "Carrier Grade Captive Portal"
- To: "Livingood, Jason" <[email protected]>
- Subject: Re: [Captive-portals] Use Case: "Carrier Grade Captive Portal"
- From: Martin Thomson <[email protected]>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 19:15:20 +1000
- Archived-at: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/captive-portals/oEBU7_YEt6PS-a5QCgSCt4ambYw>
- Authentication-results: ietfa.amsl.com (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=gmail.com
- Cc: Warren Kumari <[email protected]>, Dave Dolson <[email protected]>, Heiko Folkerts <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "Herzig, Willi" <[email protected]>, Gunther Nitzsche <[email protected]>
- Delivered-to: [email protected]
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-transfer-encoding; bh=tNZomrKQsp8ubLpVWvwnNyYMtKOjltc6SmaKKpT/+6Y=; b=UXR/2Eqsxa/aYpVLZ4lx0oly9f9nXLAwbuMLZDitWPs0sF7hksGb6Zu3bpX6fCjLHq ugskGO6TIY1qlMoKV+Fky3BEsrn5D6/WYBT0iw/0b/3oNKRnacXiKt4qFfbq3JOqhwXa t55o6C0s8KzITN6r4BUFcJJQgz02w2kI3MSg2HKNlb0AOLAaPpM367/baEq8F9PRaR8p UhpQYyVb12qOS/tm7NiFNeTEsY8sPr0ManvmBt+PNJBbGGtMlEq+I5M0YI8VPwER2ZLd hDrd5ZIAtxX/1b2+8ldIornfIHjjXYSwLpRkS0FgpyYxRbh2zTfgkkaXR6b1CutkqTuA 7e6Q==
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- List-archive: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/captive-portals/>
- List-help: <mailto:[email protected]?subject=help>
- List-id: Discussion of issues related to captive portals <captive-portals.ietf.org>
- List-post: <mailto:[email protected]>
- List-subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/captive-portals>, <mailto:[email protected]?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/captive-portals>, <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]m> <[email protected]om> <[email protected]> <[email protected]om> <[email protected]>
On 2 June 2017 at 22:47, Livingood, Jason <[email protected]> wrote:
> I’m merely confirming that others share the same use case specified by the German Federal Office for Information Security.
Yeah, I can agree that this is a very common desire. And I'm glad
that it's the use case that matters, because I believe that the
specific methods you referred to are negatively regarded in many
The need to send notices with users with whom you don't have an active
communications session is why we developed web push, but that still
requires humans. The "things" case is tricky, and I suspect that - at
list in the short term - CAPPORT won't have much to offer there.
Though I don't think that we need to abandon hope of finding some
options. Again in web push we've had some success with voluntary
provision of contact details, see