Re: [Captive-portals] Thinking of something related to captive portals for the ietf98 hackathon

Hi Kyle,

I think that is a great idea!

I had started to implement here: https://github.com/coova/coova-chilli/tree/capport-icmp

What would be nice, in addition to the NAS changes, is to also demonstrate the client side ... either something like icmpd (to listen for the ICMP and provide applications a way of checking the status of their dest. unreach. connections), or the necessary Linux kernel changes. Also with kernel changes, the I-D could also be implemented using iptables, or other NAS software too.

Cheers,
David