Re: [Captive-portals] HTTP 511 status code considered hard to implement

Hi Lorenzo,

Yes, we left it intentionally vague, with the idea that more detail (e.g., headers, payload formats) could be defined by future efforts.

In that sense, it was "hope-based" standardisation (but at least it was fairly inexpensive).

If we can get implementers (especially OS captive portal detection vendors) to honour such a thing, it would be great.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/