From: David Bird [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:29 AM
To: Dave Dolson
Cc: [email protected]; Alexander Roscoe
Subject: Re: [Captive-portals] API / ICMP for status and remaining time

I am working updating https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-capport-icmp-unreach-01. I plan to add a 'policy class' uint32 to the ICMP message that can be used as a site specific 'hint' to the captive portal. This uint32 is site specific and -can- be unique per visitor and should only be used by portal as a hint/reason (capport URL gotten from DHCP rfc 7710) .