From: Captive-portals [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Warren Kumari
Sent: lundi 31 août 2015 20:29
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Captive-portals] Actually getting work done....

Hi there all,

So, over the weekend I finally got a chance to go back through the audio recordings and complete the minutes (the Etherpad died during the meeting and so we'd lost the end of the meeting -- please take a look at https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/93/minutes/minutes-93-capport
and let us know if we've misunderstood / misrepresented anything... )

During the meeting a number of people expressed the opinion that what we need is:
1: a taxonomy of captive portal types, and security considerations for each
2: a document that outlines the different sets of interests that CP deployers have / industry survey. Why do captive portal players do what they do? What do they run a CP ($$$ / AUP/Legal / Marketing)? Why do they bypass the CP probe URLs (desire for a full featured browser?
bloodymindedness? something else?)

A large number of people supported that this work should happen, and a number of people even put their hands indicating that they were willing to contribute -- unfortunately we  didn't capture who...

So, presuming a WG is formed, who is willing to edit / author these initial documents?
Don't be shy!

I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in the first place.
This is like putting rabid weasels in your pants, and later expressing regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of pants.
   ---maf