[Captive-portals] A new draft / idea - draft-wkumari-capport-icmp-unreach

Hi y'all.

So, this short document discusses another way for Captive Portals to
inform users that they are behind a CP. Basically, it uses an extended
ICMP Destination Unreachable message to let the host know that the
reason it cannot reach a destination is because it is behind a CP and
also includes a URL to reach the CP.

This idea is mainly David's, I'm largely the editor. We'd really like
some feedback on this idea and the implementation we've written up.
Obviously the document would need a bunch more work, but we'd like to
get some idea if folk think this is worth pursuing.

Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-capport-icmp-unreach-00

It is somewhat similar to the wkumari-dhc-capport document, but solves
a different issue, in a different way - I think that they are
complementary documents.

Any feedback gratefully accepted.
idea in the first place.
of pants.