Re: [Captive-portals] Starting to discuss Captive Portals

[ Top post again ]

I wanted to get folks views on the interface exposed by chilli (
http://coova.org/CoovaChilli/JSON ).
It has a simple "status" page (
http://192.168.182.1:3990/json/status?lang=en ), but also provides a
"logon" and "logoff" interface.
In addition to the state (clientState ) the status page also includes
idleTime and inputOctets / outputOctets.
What else do we think the client might need to know? What do folk
think about the additional interfaces (login / logoff)?

Also, Mark and I have requested a BoF slot in Prague -
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/
We will fill this out some more, but we know we'll need to have some
discussions on (potential) charter text, and if any folk would like to
contribute drafts I think that would be very helpful.
IMO some (potentially very drafty) drafts on terminology and a clear
"problem statement" type document (not necessarily to publish, but
simply to make sure we are all on the same page).

Is anyone willing to volunteer for this, or any other documents?

Oh, also I'm assuming folk are OK with my resolution to their comments above?

idea in the first place.
of pants.
   ---maf