What is the value of the State?

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 11:37:06PM +0000, \0xDynamite wrote:
> This seems like a lame question, but What is the value of the State?

Centralisation of power.

A sense of safety/security for sheeple.

Touted ideals by the state which are difficult to claim/exercise
because of the state, i.e. self delusion.

> Do activists require a State (defined as a codifed system of
> governance)?

Some probably do. Perhaps most of them. Tells us a lot about
activists.

> Without a State, would we have electronics?  Radio? Computers?  Mass
> Transit?  Bikes?

Yes. Absolutely yes.

> And if we need a State, what form should it take?

We need only the state of our consciousness - internalisation of our
authority, and that pesky, diabolical and sociopathic external
authority, The State, will dissolve away as it should.

But such an utopia is unlikely on this planet ... humans gotta lotta
learnin ta do.