IBM Quantum Computing

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 12:27 PM, juan <[email protected]> wrote:

>         related
>
>         http://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=1400
>
>         http://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=2448

These are both about D-Wave's machines, which are not universal quantum
computers. IBM's is universal, though it's only 5 qubits, not even as many
qubits as they used to factor the number 15. Still, I think there's plenty
of reason to be skeptical of QC, and even if you're not that skeptical of
it, we've still got decades before it'll be cracking even 1024 bit RSA.