Question about the FBI vs Apple case

The Australian battalion fires their next imperial shot across the bow
of the good ship freedom:

http://politics.slashdot.org/story/16/02/24/0310213/australias-major-parties-vote-against-encryption-in-wake-of-apple-fbi-case

Australia's Major Parties Vote Against Encryption In Wake of Apple FBI Case
If you're counting on Apple to keep your digital information safe, you
may want to think again ... at least if you live in Australia.
Yesterday the country's two major political parties â?? Labor and the
Coalition â?? voted down a motion in Federal Parliament calling for
strong encryption to be supported in the wake of the FBI's demands
that Apple unlock iOS. It appears that implementing comprehensive
telephone and email retention in Australia may not have been the end
of demands by law enforcement in the country.
https://delimiter.com.au/2016/02/24/labor-coalition-vote-against-strong-encryption-in-senate/
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/data-retention-and-the-end-of-australians-digital-privacy-20150827-gj96kq.html

The war continues...