Do you notice significant persistent change in climate?

> On Apr 27, 2016, at 4:06 PM, jim bell <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:33:28AM +1000, James A. Donald wrote:
> >> Yes, the glaciers in Iceland are retreating - to reveal the ruins of
> >> farmhouses.
>
> >And while they melt they raise global sea levels, projected to raise
> >a minimum of ~3ft bt 2100.  And sea levels won't magically stop raising
> >at 2100. This spells fucking catastrophe for major coastal cities
> -> e.g. New York, Miami, Bangkok, New Orleans, etc etc.
>
> I've recently read that sea level is rising about 2.6-2.9 millimeters per year.  in 84 years, that would be 0.231 meters, or a bit less than one half foot.  Where do you get the "a minimum of 3 feet"?

A book called The Flooded Earth by Peter Ward, an astrobiologist with NASA.  But there are lots of places on the net that quote similar numbers -

https://www3.epa.gov/climatechange/science/future.html#sealevel

https://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/unfccc/cop19/3_gregory13sbsta.pdf

--
John