Method FBI used to crack iPhone likely effects recent phones

https://deadhacker.com/2016/03/25/the-terrorists-phone/

tldr; NAND proxy to prevent wipe. Instigate fake phantom wipe to reset
counter+delay for passcode attempts.

This was published only a few days before the news that the FBI cracked
the iPhone. So it is highly unlikely that the information disclosed was
used by their hackers. But based on recent information the attack
described in that post, in my obviously biased opinion, seems
increasingly probable.

Also so far I found nothing in the iOS Security documentation that
indicates this attack will NOT work on most recent iPhones. Though it
could be that I simply missed an important detail.