Android IMSI Catcher detection

Dan Staples ha scritto:
> Simply getting cell
> tower database dumps from the telcos would suffice for location info,
> so
> I would guess this has a different purpose.

   The NSA doesn't seem to want to play by the typical LEA best
practices. So they might not be willing to send a formal request for
data on a particular party (lest it be leaked or the target find out).

   My bet is real-time call interception for high-value targets.  If
ye-random security researcher can crack most GSM encryption and listen
in or inject fake content with cheap hardware, then the NSA certainly
has people who can make that happen as well (and with billions of
dollars to throw at the problem).

~Griffin