RE: cyanotype on glass ( how to clean the glass and other stuff)

From: Ehud Yaniv ^lt;[email protected]>
Date: 01/26/05-01:22:56 PM Z
Message-id: <>

Hi Carmen,

Rotten stone is used in fine woodworking and wood finishing. You can buy it
where they specialize woodworking.

I cannot help with the other questions as I am too new to alt-prints.


-----Original Message-----
From: Carmen Lizardo []
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 11:07 AM
Subject: cyanotype on glass ( how to clean the glass and other stuff)

Dear list,
A student of mine (Kelly) wants to do cyanotype on
glass. She has been fallowing Galina's technique
published in the Christopher James book, but we cant
figure out with what to clean the glass. I found that
the C. James book recommends something called
"rottenstone" but I dont know what this is or where
to get it.
And a couple of more questions: The formula for the
sensitizer calls for one part "prepared" gelatin to
two parts sensitizer, is this prepared solution a
combined mix of gelatin and hardener such as glyoxal?

What is the easiest way to coat the glass?

Thank you kindly

Carmen and Kelly

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.
Received on Wed Jan 26 13:23:34 2005

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 02/01/05-09:28:09 AM Z CST