RE: dags

From: David J. Greiner Jr. ^lt;>
Date: 01/04/04-08:50:25 PM Z
Message-id: <>

If you don't mind trimming metal, the easiest thing to do is look for old
plate cameras in an odd size. I have two 9x12 centimeter cameras (slightly
smaller than 4"x5") that I picked up for almost nothing ($8 for one and $10
for the other). I haven't used them for making dags, but I've used them for
tintypes and dry plates (using liquid emulsion) and they work great. I
bought both of them on ebay and simply searched for "plate" in the cameras
and photo section and check out what cameras show up.

Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather than the victim.
                       -Bertrand Russell

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Stuart Plotkin []
  Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 7:27 PM
  Subject: dags

  Supposedly it is easy to find some old box camera that can be used to take
daguerrotypes, but I don't know where or what I am looking for. I would like
to be able to focus, and want to use a medium size liek 3x5" does anyone
have any ideas? Thanks- Stu

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
Version: 6.0.544 / Virus Database: 338 - Release Date: 11/25/03
Received on Sun Jan 4 20:51:05 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 02/02/04-09:49:58 AM Z CST