Sort of good answer...

From: Barry Kleider ^lt;>
Date: 02/11/04-04:40:45 PM Z
Message-id: <002f01c3f0f0$19c7af00$2bc0c3cf@LuisaLaptop>

The stuff you're looking for is called Nature Print Paper and can be ordered
by writing to: (of all places)
Nature Print Paper
P.O. Box 314
Moraga, CA 94556

or order it online from Triarco
You'll find it on p. 196.

It comes in packs of 30 sheets (5x7) and costs about $8.50 plus shipping.
Exposures take about 3-4 minutes in bright daylight. You don't need direct
sunlight, but it helps.
This is a UV process, so a black light bulb works fine.
Develop in tap water. The process is non-toxic.

I use this process with kids in schools all the time to make ray-o-graphs.

Barry Kleider
Photographer. Arts Educator.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryuji Suzuki" <>
To: <>; <>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: sort of funny question...

> From: Christopher Lovenguth <>
> Subject: sort of funny question...
> Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:28:06 -0500
> > I was in the Whitney Museum the other night in the gift shop and I
> > saw they had this art kit for kids to make "blue prints" that
> > develop in running water.
> I don't know about the particualr kit, but if you're more interested
> in buying pre-coated cyanotype paper, there were a couple of places I
> found when I checked last time. Since this is 2-3 years ago, I am not
> certain if the situation is still the same, but Dorn's Photography
> Unlimited sold 24x36 paper for $2/sheet for minimum order of 20 sheets
> plus tax and s&h.
> Dorn's Photography Unlimited
> C/O John Pecyna
> 23a Wallace street
> Red Bank , New Jersey
> 07710
> After then I have been distracted to a different process and I'm still
> there...
> --
> Ryuji Suzuki
> "Reality has always had too many heads." (Bob Dylan, Cold Irons Bound,
Received on Wed Feb 11 16:41:25 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 03/02/04-11:35:08 AM Z CST