Re: archival velum in rolls?

From: James Young ^lt;>
Date: 02/11/04-01:28:51 PM Z
Message-id: <p04310101bc5031658d7a@[]>

>My friend has finally finished his home made circuit camera. It produces
>a negative 6 inches wide and 48 inches long.
>He likes to print cyanotype II on velum. He uses an un-named velum from
>the University art supply shop.
>He has discovered that the sheets he usually buys aren't long enough to
>print his negatives.
>Does anyone have suggestions for an archival velum available in long
>lengths, or even rolls?
>Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
> 112 Science Place
> University of Saskatchewan
>Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
>Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2

Sometimes manufacturers sell the stuff in rolls but you have to ask.
I've been doing alt or Historical print from cirkut camera negs and
have found a great paper for van dyke and cyanotype called ANW
drawing and framing. It comes in 60" by 10 yard rolls and has great
contrast with van dyke.My negs are up to 110" by 16" and the biggest
problem is getting an even coat. Works well with cyanotype too. I
believe Cranes (or someone) bought out ANW and makes the product
under the ANW name. The last batch I got was about the same as before
cranes takeover of the product. Hope this helps- You really have to
ask around for the specialty items .
  Jamie Young in Madison WI
Received on Wed Feb 11 11:21:24 2004

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : 03/02/04-11:35:08 AM Z CST