[ale] "kiosk" style mode for opensuse

On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 16:29:57 -0500
James Taylor via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> I need to repurpose some older PCs as thin clients to connect to a
> win termserver. All I need is to have a generic autologin that only
> displays preconfigured remmina sessions. I'm hoping for something
> quick & easy. I would prefer not to go with a different distribution
> for support reasons. Everthing else on site is SLES or openSUSE Leap.
> Any thoughts? -jt

If you don't need GUI, you could take UMENU2
(http://www.troubleshooters.com/projects/umenu2/) and set it as the
user's shell. Then the user's choices are limited to what's on the
menu, as long as none of the menu choices run something from which the
user can obtain a terminal or another menu.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2019 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21