[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] OT: Laptop as desktop
- Subject: [ale] OT: Laptop as desktop
- From: DJPfulio at jdpfu.com (DJ-Pfulio)
- Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 19:14:22 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]om>
- References: <[email protected]om>
On 09/01/2015 07:07 PM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> There is a lot of grade B and grade C refurbished netbooks on the market.
> Idea is to use as cheap i3 or i5 desktop system (a.k.a. closed lid) with
> external monitor and peripherals. Never done this before. Now do you bypass
> the lid switch so the system will no go to sleep mode with lid closed?
Can't speak for all brands/models, but Eee and Chromebooks can disable it.
It is in the power settings. On Ubuntu Server 14.04 it is in