[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] How secure is http basic authentication?
- Subject: [ale] How secure is http basic authentication?
- From: philip at turmel.org (Phil Turmel)
- Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 09:54:50 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On 04/27/2013 09:46 AM, Jim Lynch wrote:
> Along the lines of the question about ssl email login. If I go to a
> site, http not https, are my login credentials secure when using basic
> authentication? I think I sniffed it once and didn't see plain text
> being passed, but that doesn't mean it's secure.
It's in the clear. It's just not obvious because it is base64 encoded.