[ale] Why is RAM is so expensive?!? Anyone know an inexpensive source?

It really depends on what RAM your server supports. I've always seen the
current RAM cheaper then older. For example, if your machine supports DDR3,
then here<http://www.microcenter.com/product/403678/Server_Memory_16GB_DDR3-1600_(PC3-12800)_CL11_Server_Module_Kit_(Two_8GB_Memory_Modules)>is
a 1x16GB crucial stick for $169. DDR2 and
DDR is probably double or triple that price now. It sucks.