[ale] OT: D-Day +68

So many of those guys didn't have that choice.  They were killed by
artillery or machine gun fire while in the boats.  They never moved an
inch.  Some got off the boats but too far from shore and drowned
weighted down by full packs and gear below the waves.  My friends (the
ones I know today) made it.  They remember it well, yet quietly in their
own way....