[ale] Stuxnet

NYT broke the story this morning that the Stuxnet virus was created as
a joint effort by the USA and Israel.  I presume that most of us have
already heard about the Flame virus (
http://www.pcworld.com/article/256508/the_flame_virus_your_faqs_answered.html
), which amusingly enough uses lua (http://lua.org) as its scripting
language.

Per boingboing:  Writing for Wired's Threat Level blog, Mikko Hypponen
explains. "The truth is, consumer-grade antivirus products can?t
protect against targeted malware created by well-resourced
nation-states with bulging budgets."

Oddly enough, these threats seem to affect only Windows machines.
This makes me wonder why the Iranians are still using an OS written by
a company workin' for the Great Satan.

-- CHS