[ale] Linux rescue CD

I need a live CD to use for basically booting up a machine and doing
hardware detection and diagnostics.  I can do that with pretty much any
Linux live CD, but is there a distribution which is particularly well suited
for this?

Thanks,
Larry

--
"I see design standards that don't tell you how to come up with a good
design (only how to write it down), employee evaluation standards that don't

                                    Tom DeMarco
                                     Slack