[ale] tty1 vs tty2,3,4,etc

what is special about tty1? In Fedora 12 I have turned on Magic SysRq. This
allows me to press alt-sysrq-k and slaughter everything running on a tty.
Works fine for tty2+ but causes a system panic and hard crash on tty1.

Is init hard bound to tty1?

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits

 Faith is a cop-out. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by
faith, then you are conceding that it can?t be taken on its own merits.
   Dan Barker, "Losing Faith in Faith", 1992