[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] lvm snapshot cron jobs produce "File descriptor 8 left open" in f9
- Subject: [ale] lvm snapshot cron jobs produce "File descriptor 8 left open" in f9
- From: brian at polibyte.com (Brian Pitts)
- Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:29:45 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
Brian W. Neu wrote:
> I'm thinking that maybe some kind of X app may be mounting these drives
> in the gui and causing the problem, but I haven't found the culprit.
> Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
According to this bug report  it's nothing to worry about. It's not
that some other app has the drive open, but that when cron forked and
execed lvcreate it had fd 8 open.
You can export LVM_SUPPRESS_FD_WARNINGS=1 to get rid of the messages.