[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] Access by host
- Subject: [ale] Access by host
- From: lists at serioustechnology.com (Geoffrey)
- Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:48:08 -0500
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
Christoper Fowler wrote:
> I need to write a program fired off by bash when someone logs
> into a development system. This program will update a file on login
> and logout.
> Can anyone tell me if there is a more detailed version of 'whoami' that
> will display the IP address? Another solution would be do execute
> tty and then who and extract info that way.
I'm not sure I understand the problem. What is it that plain 'who'
doesn't get you?
<strong>Until later, Geoffrey</strong>
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
- Benjamin Franklin