[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] Ubuntu - where do you set the "I'm running on local time" parameter?
- Subject: [ale] Ubuntu - where do you set the "I'm running on local time" parameter?
- From: brian at polibyte.com (Brian Pitts)
- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:01:33 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
> I installed xubuntu on an old dell laptop and it didn't give me the
> option during install. All the links I could find regarding that
> problem told me to edit /etc/sysconfig/clock which doesn't exist or
> right click the clock and select "Adjust ..." which also doesn't exist.
> Since this system also runs Win98 I can't set the clock to GMT without
> hosing up the time on Win.
I think you should edit /etc/default/rcS and set UTC=no