[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] OT Interesting statistic
- Subject: [ale] OT Interesting statistic
- From: cfowler at outpostsentinel.com (Christopher Fowler)
- Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:47:02 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 10:41 -0400, Jim Moore wrote:
> A 2007 study by Clemson University found that the average American
> walks about 900 miles per year.
Last year I went on a diet and decided to walk around my neighborhood.
I calculated that on the course of the diet I walked the equivalent of
Atlanta to Orlando. I'm still walking and running now.
In September I took an eXplorist 210 GPS to Disney world. Reset the
trip and put on my hip. That evening it read around 10 miles. We had
gotten there 2 hours late and left 1 hour early. We could have easily
added 3 miles.
If you walk and average of 3 miles per day then you can easily hit 900
in a year.