[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] OT: Execute a URI on winbloze
- Subject: [ale] OT: Execute a URI on winbloze
- From: cfowler at outpostsentinel.com (Christopher Fowler)
- Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 08:45:40 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
Here is one way that uses ActiveX
var launcher = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
I guess Linux guys are smarter than that... Is there a way I can
execute xterm on the users system?
On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 08:24 -0400, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> I want to try something on windows. I want to create an HTML page that
> has a link. I want that link to execute a program with command line
> arguments on the windows machine.
> I've seen ActiveX exploits that do this but I want to do it
> legitimately. Here is what I think I need to do:
> 1. Load program on client.
> 2. Open regedit and create a handler
> for the url. Maybe I'll call it
> 3. Test it out and see if it works.
> Ale mailing list
> Ale at ale.org