[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] snort / snortsam run as non-root user?
- Subject: [ale] snort / snortsam run as non-root user?
- From: preston.lists at gmail.com (Preston Boyington)
- Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 10:58:56 -0500
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
Jeff Lightner wrote:
> We?re preparing to install a server with Linux and then load snort and
> possibly snortsam. Can these be run by non-root users?
> My security admin wants to own the OS (e.g. have full root access)
> because he believes he?ll need it to use these products.
better qualified persons than i will respond, but i am curious...could a
virtual machine be used in this situation to safeguard yourself while
appeasing the other person? although it might not fit your particular
(and in case anyone is wondering "appease" was my random word of the