[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] What's the utility to shut out hackers/viri attempting sshd attacks?
- Subject: [ale] What's the utility to shut out hackers/viri attempting sshd attacks?
- From: ppolstra at gmail.com (Philip Polstra)
- Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 21:38:55 -0500
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
I had a bunch of attempts on one of my machines from something like 6
different countries. A simple solution is to change your hosts.allow file
to only point to networks you might use. I.e.
ssh: 192. myother.net
You could also do this in your firewall or any other number of places, but
this is probably the quickest.
On 2/2/06, Jim <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com> wrote:
> I've got a situation where a Korean site is banging sshd trying bunches
> of random user/passwords. I know I've seen it discussed before. Isn't
> there a utility that automatically adds this IP to a .deny file or
> otherwise shuts him out?
> Ale mailing list
> Ale at ale.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...