[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] Find IP-address from MAC address
- Subject: [ale] Find IP-address from MAC address
- From: fd0man at gmail.com (Michael B. Trausch)
- Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:05:32 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
Rene Rasmussen wrote:
> Hello folks,
> I just recently got my hands on a N-port server. The only trouble is I do not
> know the IP address of the server, only the MAC address.
> Do you know if it is possible to scan a network for a MAC address, and return
> the IP-address of the unit?
Best thing that I can think of is to try broadcast ping-ing the standard
Class A, B, and C private network addresses and see if you get an
unaccounted for reply... you'll need a script to do that, and just kick
back and have a bag of popcorn and a cup of Pepsi. :-/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 294 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature