[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] ntfs only accessible by root
- Subject: [ale] ntfs only accessible by root
- From: adrin at bellsouth.net (H. A. Story)
- Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:03:49 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
Philip Polstra wrote:
>Whenever I mount an NTFS partition under FC4 it is only accessible by
>root. What am I missing?
>Ale mailing list
>Ale at ale.org
When you mount the partition, say in /mnt/ntfs. What are those
permissions of /mnt /mnt/ntfs? You may need to chmod then as need or
change the ownership/group to allow access. Depending on the system and
the security you can maybe get away with chmod 777 /mnt/ntfs.