[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] Can I tell my Linksys router to always serve the same IP address?
- Subject: [ale] Can I tell my Linksys router to always serve the same IP address?
- From: oobx at itmonger.com (Brian Whigham)
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:49:12 -0400
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
What Linksys model are you using?
I'm using openWRT for this on my WRT54G. If you are familiar with Linux
and have a little time to figure out how to configure it, I would highly
Jim Lynch wrote:
>I'd really like to have each machine in my network have a predictible IP
>address, but I also really like the idea that DHCP does more than give
>an IP address (such as furnish DNS info also) so I don't want to just
>set up static IPs for each machine. I'll never have more systems than
>there are available IP addresses, so I really don't need for the router
>to expire the addresses. So can I tell it to not expire or in some
>other way tell it to keep the same IP for a specific MAC address forever?
>Ale mailing list
>Ale at ale.org