[ale] what to do with dozens of 40GB IDE drives?

If you have some bandwidth to spare .. you could
contribute to the Internet Backplane research project
by setting up an IBP node(s). I know that other
universities participate by setting up nodes.
I've seen demos and they are awesome.

http://loci.cs.utk.edu/modules.php?name=Projects&pa=showpage&pid=3_1

Thanks,
sriad