[no subject]

> My speakeasy DSL has been down for 6 days now, and the finger-pointing game
> continues. So I have a few questions:
>
> 1) I know at some point they are probably going
> to say'it must be the modem', so I'm looking for a speakeasy customer in Tucker
> that wouldn't mind me stopping by for 5 minutes to see if my modem can sync at
> their house.

If they say that, then I think you should get a new modem from them for
free. Is there a warantee?

> 2) And in the event that it does turn out to be the modem, anyone know of a
> source for used modems?  Are they all interchangeable? I doubt they are, so
> does anyone know what kind speakeasy uses?

Tucker is a little far for me, but you are welcome to have my old one
which works with speakeasy, although they won't support it which could get
you into finger pointing again....

> 3) Speakeasy says I can't cancel my contract without penalty until I've been
> down 60 days, which seems ludicrous.  Anyone know of a way I might be able to
> get out earlier?

That does seem silly. I'm sure if you keep complaining they will cancel
it.

> I never thought I'd miss my Comcast cable modem, but at least there wasn't any
> of this finger pointing BS, and I was never down for more than a day..

Either way you can't really count on residential service.

	bjorn

</pre>
<!--X-Body-of-Message-End-->
<!--X-MsgBody-End-->